Robert Bourne considers a siginificant but often overlooked reform, the arrival of CPR 44.2(8) ‘The costs ordered to be paid will be those that “reflect a reasonable assessment of what was likely to be awarded.”’ In recent years it has been recognised that if a party is bound to receive a certain part of the …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Digicel St Lucia v Cable & Wireless  EWHC 888 Ch
- Hurndell v Hozier  EWCA Civ 67;  EWHC 321 (Ch)
- Mehjoo v Harben Barker & anor  EWHC 1500 (QB);  EWHC 1669 (QB);  EWCA Civ 358
- Mireskandari v The Law Society  EWHC 2224 (Ch)
- Rutherford v Seymour Pierce Ltd  EWHC 375 (QB)
- Scullion v Bank of Scotland  EWHC 2253;  EWCA Civ 693