Sarah Ozanne examines two recent cases on employers’ obligations to inform and consult in redundancy and TUPE situations ‘The court in Susie Radin stated that the tribunal has a wide discretion and should focus on the seriousness of the employer’s failure. Factors to take into account include whether the employer’s failure was deliberate and whether …
Continue reading "Collective Consultation: Awards for failure to engage with employees"
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- AEI Cables Ltd v GMB & ors  UKEAT/0375/12/LA
- Baxter & ors v Marks & Spencer & ors  UKEAT/ 0162/05/RN
- GMB v Susie Radin Ltd  EWCA Civ 180
- Shields Automotive Ltd v Langdon & Anor  UKEAT 0059/12/2103
- Sweetin v Coral Racing  UKEAT/0039/05
- Todd v Strain & ors  EATS/0057/10