A recent case has demonstrated that the courts will not construe a contract so as to re-write an unfavourable bargain, as Nikolas Ireland finds out It is clear that, while the court is able to look elsewhere for assistance in the event of ambiguity in a document, and can correct a document where the parties …
Cases in bold have further reading - click to view related articles.
- Arnold v Britton & ors  EWHC 3451 (Ch)
- Chartbrook Ltd v Persimmon Homes Ltd & ors  UKHL 38
- Investors Compensation Scheme Ltd v West Bromwich Building Society  UKHL 28
- Multiservice Bookbinding Ltd v Marden  Ch 84
- Rainy Sky SA v Kookmin Bank  EWHC 2624 (Comm);  EWCA Civ 582;  UKSC 50
- Ridgewood Properties Group Ltd & ors v Valero Energy Ltd  EWHC 98 (Ch)